How are you cultivating leadership in your organization?
In our new series on “Leadership” we have invited Marc Helm to join the podcast in order to discuss his experience as one of the leaders in the mortgage industry!
Want to know more about Marc Helm?
Marc is a former “C” level manager of a number of mortgage banking/financial services companies. He has held positions that encompass all areas of mortgage banking, with particular specialization in mortgage servicing, mortgage operations, acquisitions, domestic/non-domestic outsourcing, mortgage systems and specialized default management.
Expertise in the Mortgage Industry
Marc Helm is a 40-plus veteran of the financial services and mortgage banking industry. He recently served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Reverse Mortgage Solutions, Inc. (RMS). RMS was, under his tenure, one of the largest Ginnie Mae Securitizers, originators and servicers/subservicers in the reverse mortgage industry.
Washington Mutual Mortgage Operations
Prior to founding RMS, Mr. Helm served as Managing Director of Mortgage Consultants of America (MCA) following a decade-long stint as Senior Vice President at Washington Mutual (WaMu), where he was responsible for Mortgage Operations.
During his career, Mr. Helm has also served in senior management positions with Bank United (SVP), Barron Financial Group (EVP/CAO), MCA (President/CEO), North American Mortgage (EVP/CAO), and Gibraltar Savings Association (SVP).
Key industry leadership roles include:
- Chairman of the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) Loan Administration Committee
- Chairman of the MBA Technology Committee
- Member of the Fidelity (LPS) Information Systems Mortgage Servicing Advisory Board.
- Member of National Reverse Mortgage Lender Association’s (NRMLA) Board of Directors
- Chairman, Director and Founder of the American Alliance for Loan Management
- Member of the MBA Task Force on Reverse Lending
- Member of the MBA Fannie Mae Advisory Committee
- Member of the MBA Freddie Mac Advisory Committee.
- Member of the MBA FHA/VA Liaison Committee.
Topics Covered in this Interview
1. Cultivating leadership
2. Leading by example
3. Leading in Servicing and Operations