The discussion will start with a focus on Velma & how they have been busy working on new loan officer tools. You will hear in this interview, that there is a lot of discussion in the real estate and mortgage business about whether technology enables salespeople or replaces them in the future.
In today’s Hot Topic we’ve got Brent Emler, SVP Sales @ Velma as well as his guest Kim Baker, VP – IT Program Manager at Highlands Residential Mortgage, Ltd. with us today!
About Brent Emler……
Brent is a strategic sales manager and persuasive communicator with a record of crafting engaging messaging that drives buying decisions. A market strategist distinguished by strengths in market research, competitive intelligence gathering, and product innovation leading to improved competitive positioning, brand awareness, and market share.
A developer of SAAS marketing automation solutions for the mortgage industry, NSN Solutions develops products for lenders to use data resources to create efficient transaction pipelines. Velma is a CRM for loan officers, and Connector is an enterprise level, Digital Mortgage Communication platform.
• Grew monthly recurring revenue by 1,050% over four years for NSNs flagship product, Velma CRM, winning head to head against Salesforce at national accounts including Union Bank, Bank of Oklahoma, Movement Mortgage, and AmCap Home Loans.
• Championed a growth initiative to sell NSNs marketing APIs as a service. Created a sales model and a value-based pricing innovation by joint venturing with an industry-leading competitor to create a sales accelerator CRM, Loan Engage. The partnership elevated the company to a content and delivery leadership position in the mortgage industry.
• Capitalized on an industry gap in marketing automation by using proprietary technology and partner relationships to develop the groundbreaking enterprise product, Connector. Conducted market analyses, created customer profiles, and used the business canvass method to develop this new software category.
• Created an inside sales force to cross-sell value-added products to existing customers, expanding the install base add-on services by 100% within 90 days with a projected QOQ sales growth of 20%.
• Sold marketing services to additional business units (commercial, consumer direct, HELOC, retail banking) at customer organizations, repositioning NSN from a single-use service (retail loan officer CRM) to a multifunctional marketing platform.
We have had Brent as a guest on the show in the past on “4-02-18 “Finding the Right Mortgage Marketing Solution”, it was also a great episode, you should go and check it out!!____________________________________________________
About Kim Baker……
Kim is a dynamic, forward thinking IT executive. She entered the mortgage industry in a technical support role for originations. Kim quickly moved into a technology analyst role. Over the last 17 years Kim has developed a reputation as a technologist with the unique ability to translate business needs into actionable technology road maps that result in transformative solutions.