Have you been tracking along with the development of the eMortgage?
If you’ve been in the mortgage industry for even a few years, you’ve likely heard many discussions on how technology is transforming the industry and bringing forward concepts such as the digital mortgage, or eMortgage, which promises to increase efficiency and decrease operating and processing costs.
A Perspective on Digital Mortgages in the Industry from Brendon Weiss
In this episode of Lykken on Lending, David interviews Brendon Weiss about his perspective on this type of technology in the mortgage industry.
Brendon Weiss is Chief Operating Officer of MERSCORP Holdings, Inc. The organization, with over 5,000 customers, owns and operates the MERS® System, which tracks the serving rights and beneficial ownership rights for over 77% of all mortgages in the U.S. MERSCORP Holdings also owns and operates the MERS® eRegistry, the national mortgage registry and system of record for identifying the Controller and Location of all electronic notes. Brendon oversees internal business operations, external customer-facing operations and identifies new business opportunities. Read Brendon’s full bio.
Along with Brendon in our Hot Topic segment will be Amy Moses, Director of Marketing and Media at MERSCORP Holdings Inc.
Topics Covered in this Episode:
- Brendon’s background with the NYSE and on Capitol Hill, adjusting from transactions taking milliseconds on the stock exchange to taking months in the mortgage industry.
- Understanding the value of digital mortgages.
- An easier path to implementation.
- What MERS is doing to help transform the industry, including launching MERS® eNote Solutions
- MBA’s Chairman’s Conference panel discussion on digital mortgages.
- Perspective of what leaders of the banks and mortgages companies say about their plans for moving forward with the digital transformation.
- Educating the industry: MERS’ eMortgage Boot Camp.
Listen to Excerpts from this Episode:
Listen: Transitioning from an industry dealing in milliseconds…
Listen: Some of the initiatives dealing with a digital mortgage…
Listen: Contributing factors to transforming to the digital mortgage…
Listen: Great customer experience and the eNote Solutions platform…
Listen: Crossing the chasm into the digital mortgage industry…