This past week, oral arguments were made on the first ever lawsuit that effectively challenges the constitutinoality of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) authority. These arguments were made in the case of PHH Corp. v. CFPB that was heard in the U.S. Appeals Court for the District of Columbia. The outcome of this case could have far reaching implications.
Our guest on today’s program is MITCH KIDER, Chairman & Managing Partner at Weiner, Brodsky, Kider, PC who has been the attorney representing PHH Corp. in this case. We have asked Mitch to join us today to discuss the following:
- Provide an overview of this case and why it is so important to the industry.
- What is the status of where this case stands now that the oral arguments have been made?
- Depending upon the outcome of this case, what are the possible outcomes?
- Could this case provide some clarity to RESPA?
- When we can expect a decision?
We say this about most all our programs, but THIS program is a MUST LISTEN TO program if there ever was one.
As normal, the first half of the program will feature, Joe Farr of MBSQuoteline providing a rate & market update, Alice Alvey of Indecomm Global Services providing a regulatory & legislative update as well as Paul Muolo of IMF News & Sam Garcia of Mortgage Daily giving us a quick overview of the latest news stories impacting out industry.
Please tell others about this program and take a minute to share a link to this program with your friends and associates in the mortgage industry.
Thank you, David Lykken